Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Back to the game 101BB

Duality is offline V.I.P. Member
    I didn't expect to have so many calories but since i do eat 8 tbsp peanut butter not that surprising, one thing i couldn't find was oleic and linoleic i couldn't find them in any nutritional databases but they show them in my graph for nutrients.

Today for exercise i did 30 min stationary bike with foam rolling and stretching pre and post workout. Off to work in 20 might have a different job lined up that doesn't make me feel like jamming my chef's knife through a wall.

Zack is offline Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass
    Regarding your post on the previous page with the first thing being anti-oxidants. All they really do is just eliminate a percentage of free radicals that could do damage to your tissues by oxidizing. Hence the idea of the anti-oxidant. Just some info for you :)
    mikeh40+ likes this.
    Team GYWU

MMMMM thanks for that tidbit. Radicals are what cause aging, diseases and cancers right?

Found a new workout partner thats down for 5 3 1 squats tomorrow lets get it.

Since i hit my deadlift goal for this month i figure why not set another one for this time next month. My goal is to hit 495 by Oct 21 at the latest. Konstantin will be my motivation......
    Also quick question i have no idea what my 1rpm for a back squat is but if i can front squat 225 comfortably what would you say i should set for my 1rpm for the squat as i did not test it for a while?

Good motivation videos Mikhail Koklyaev Glasgow Palace of Arts 14-08-2010 - YouTube
    konstantin konstantinovs - YouTube

With motivation anything is possible. Lesson for the day karma always rights your wrongs tomorrow is a new day and working on becoming a better person.

Squat day
    Foam roll
    bw squat
    Box squat
    95x5x2
    135x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    235x12 underestimated my max so i went up to close to my max for future reference
    275x1
    315x1
    335x1
    365x1
    Really concentrated on keeping everything tight, good arch in my back and spreading the floor. Power Rack at PF sucks im to short for the pins so i have to kind of tippy toe it up.

GHR
    Hammys were way to sore for this so only 3 sets

ab rope pulldown
    4 sets

stretch

PF has a ghr? Did you just rig one up like I have to at school or are you freakin serious that they have a ghr? If they do it's useless to everyone else besides you.
    Team GYWU

I rigged one, no way in hell PF would ever pay for a GHR. I just use a lat pulldown machine. But good news i will be getting membership to another gym with many power racks and they actually have a GHR.

OMG i just found a powerlifting gym 10 min from my house i think i died and went to heaven
    BeastTrainingLLC's Channel - YouTube

aild54 is offline Success never rests
    Very, very nice squats.
    aild/Chris' log. Experience the intensity.

Research or STFU
    Everyday, max out.

You'll love it dude. Go in there, do your thing, and you'll be fine. Reminds me of Brute :)
    Team GYWU

song of the day Killswitch Engage- A Bid Farewell - YouTube

thanks to zack this week i have a job interview at a gym, would be stoked if i got the job there even though its not a gym i would attend myself under optimal conditions. After September is over getting membership at that powerlifting gym. That or might wait until i hit 500 deadlift so i better hurry up with that.

BradTheBeast is offline IFBB Superheavyweight
    That's my kind of gym right there, BEASTLY!
    Squats were intense, hope you get the job!!

lol i just realized who made the comment about the hernia smh. Id rip you a new one but im working on not being an ******* so consider yourself lucky.
    aild54 likes this.

Bench Day
    3 PR's
    foamed rolled in the morning for like 30 minutes
    then went to the gym in the afternoon foam rolled briefly and did a warm up consisting of
    20 pushups
    6 pull up
    AND ZACK THEY HAVE AN ACTUAL GHR THERE WTF! UNBELIEVABLE It's hidden upstairs in a corner when i seen it i did a fist pump and tried it out not the best but its a GHR.
    Back raises 10 reps
    flutter kicks
    Flat Bench
    barx10
    85x5
    135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    205x5
    225x10 PR two weeks ago was 225x5
    Wanted to see our Maxes so we pushed along
    245x1
    265x1
    275x0 reracked it right after i took it out since i wasnt stable
    275x1 spotted closely but 2 fingered it just to make sure because had no side spotters. PR
    135x30 PR two weeks ago was 135x19

Band pushdowns mini monsters and orange bands
    superset between the two for a total of 6 sets

rotator cuff
    4 sets
    stretch
    good day feel good. Amazing what the body can do when you give it the proper care and treatment.

edit forgot the song and video of the day
    World's Greatest Ass part 2 - YouTube
    /drool
    Mariana Davalos Desfilando - YouTube

and song Killswitch Engage - My Curse - YouTube my curse-killswitch engage

edit since i hit my bench goal my new goal for bench is 275x5

Question for everyone smarter than me here, should i include dextrose in my PWO shake? Its a monosaccharide correct, so wouldn't it get the protein to my muscle's quicker? Should i avoid fructose altogether PWO because the starch in the fruit will slow down the digestion?

I know your not suppose to have regrets but my biggest regret is enlisting into the military because it didn't work out, i lost all that weight and strength for what? Straight bull****, year of my life lost and now i have to rebuild my knowledge of the game and my strength as well. Just got push that much harder to get back to where i was and where i want to be. My goals back then were 600 (was 545) deadlift 500 squat (got this but was a high box squat) 405 front squat and a 405 Bench (best i think was 345 bench was never my best lift).
    Currently studying this one book in my down time and praying that i get this job at the gym. Just got to be myself in the interview and my love for the gym and helping others reach there goals shine through. One thing i like more then getting strong is watching others get strong as a direct result of my advise or coaching if you will.

BradTheBeast is offline IFBB Superheavyweight
    Quote Originally Posted by 101bodybuilder View Post
    Question for everyone smarter than me here, should i include dextrose in my PWO shake? Its a monosaccharide correct, so wouldn't it get the protein to my muscle's quicker? Should i avoid fructose altogether PWO because the starch in the fruit will slow down the digestion?
    Dextrose is good Post workout, gives an insulin boost that then helps blood stream the nutrients better. (Probably the worst answer you'll get, but
    I'm still pretty new to this. haha) I've heard that about the fruit too.

Quote Originally Posted by 101bodybuilder View Post
    I know your not suppose to have regrets but my biggest regret is enlisting into the military because it didn't work out, i lost all that weight and strength for what? Straight bull****, year of my life lost and now i have to rebuild my knowledge of the game and my strength as well. Just got push that much harder to get back to where i was and where i want to be. My goals back then were 600 (was 545) deadlift 500 squat (got this but was a high box squat) 405 front squat and a 405 Bench (best i think was 345 bench was never my best lift).
    Currently studying this one book in my down time and praying that i get this job at the gym. Just got to be myself in the interview and my love for the gym and helping others reach there goals shine through. One thing i like more then getting strong is watching others get strong as a direct result of my advise or coaching if you will.
    Yea dude, but its all about living and learning. There were probably some great things that came out of it like making great friends, or just life
    experiences. All about finding the good in things. No doubt you'll get to your goals and rip out new ones if you keep up with the good work.
    I hope you get the job too, I know you'll be a kick ass trainer with your passion to train, teach, and learn! I love helping people get stronger, or
    just seeing them happy from training.

Oh and that was a beautiful ass, and I listen to My Curse pretty much every training day. I listen to Weak Willed- All That Remains for the max effort

Decent warm up for my "toolkit". Probably will do this before squats and deadlifts after foam rolling and if im bored at home watching tv for some extra hip mobility never can have enough.
    "HAM" - Hip Mobility Drill - YouTube

Tomorrow is conditioning work. So in the AM will do warm up and then 100 yard sprints then walk back then partner goes then you go and rinse and repeat. Then car pushs. In the PM will do upper body and lower body mobility drills will be doing these on my cardio days.

My lower body warm up consists of
    Foam rolling
    IT Band Stretch where i put my leg on top of my bannister at my house and go down best stretch ever omg. Perfect height cant do this at the gym so i just do it at home
    -Drive to gym working my fast twitch muscle fibers in my calve-
    Hip flexor stretch where you go on one knee then reach over
    Pigeon pose
    Fire hydrants
    bw squats
    back raises
    flutter kicks
    then glute stretch into inner thigh stretch
    Looks like a long list but literally takes 10 minutes.

Upper body warm up
    Foam roll back
    shoulder dislocates with band
    10 push ups
    5 pull ups
    low back raise
    flutter kick
    lateral raises rear raise front raise shoulder press

Again literally 10 minutes.

PWO i follow this up by stretching each body part incorporated for 45-60 seconds and then stretch when i watch TV at night.

Today was conditioning so i did 15 min warm up at home picked up my training partner then did some more warm up on the field.
    We did 10 100 yard sprints and my time was around 15 sec which isn't good. But last time i sprinted i cant remember so it's only going to get better.
    Followed up with a lot more stretching. Tonight will stretch upper body, also might have found a bouncing job at a popular club.

correction-120 yard sprints

New diet lemme know what you think (thanks zack for the tips)

Meal One
    6 egg whites
    1 banana
    1 cup strawberries
    1c. Organic skim milk

Meal two (PWO)
    2 scoop ON's natural whey
    4 TBSP Dextrose (40g carbs)

Meal Three
    1 Chicken breast (about 8oz)
    Vegetables around 2 cups
    3-4 tbsp PB mainly eat this after the meal until i feel full.

Meal Four
    Tilapia or Steak
    1c. Vegetables
    3-4 tbsp PB

Meal Five ( 1-2 hour before bed time)
    Any protein source
    3-4 tbsp PB
    Organic skim milk 2c.

I'm getting leaner while dropping minimal weight. Current weight 195.

What i learned about sugar, no matter where you get your sugar be it honey, fruit or table sugar it all gets converted to glucose anyways the only difference is that sugar from fruit gives you also the benefits of its vitamins and minerals, interesting.
    edit- so essentially drinking milk before bed is like eating a piece of fruit before bed? Should i change to only drinking milk in the morning?

mikeh40+ is offline Gramps x3
    Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    What i learned about sugar, no matter where you get your sugar be it honey, fruit or table sugar it all gets converted to glucose anyways the only difference is that sugar from fruit gives you also the benefits of its vitamins and minerals, interesting.
    edit- so essentially drinking milk before bed is like eating a piece of fruit before bed? Should i change to only drinking milk in the morning?
    pretty much any sugar will raise your insulin levels, its all dependent on the GI of the product your using,
    for instance whole milk has a GI rating of 27 which is low, so i wouldnt worry about that at night, here is a chart, i`ll put it in 2 posts account of its 2 pages.. lol

viewer.jpg
    Last edited by mikeh40+; 09-24-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    "God doesn't give you obstacles you can't overcome"

2012 NEW TRAINING LOG
    http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...ining-log.html

mikeh40+ is offline Gramps x3
    second page viewer1.jpg
    "God doesn't give you obstacles you can't overcome"

2012 NEW TRAINING LOG
    http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...ining-log.html

Thanks Mike i completely forgot about the GI scale was assuming that all those carbs got absorbed at the same rate since they were disacchrides.

Also thanks to Mike again for changing my name. I choose the name Duality because i think life's a constant struggle in which everyone has a chance for greatness or complete failure, which i think suites a lifting forum. Everyone has a chance for there own greatness. If you looked at me during High School you would understand or at least my freshman through junior year. I was 4 11 my freshman year 98 pounds then i hit a growth spurt and then fat. Then a good friend introduced me to bodybuilding, he had ****ty philosophy but a great work ethic. Then i found bodybuildingdungeon.com and found about proper diet protocol and training regimens. Thanks everyone!