Thread: advice on good bench to get

mickey-_- is offline NPC Middleweight

advice on good bench to get

advice on good bench to get all over body work out also something that lets me do incline bench press with a spotter cause my basic bench you could only do it with not a straight bar only bumbells and there was no saftey catch so i can get trapped so have to use dumbells but like to use the straight bar some times

GRAVESY079 is offline IFBB Heavyweight
    I take it you workout at home and are looking to build a better home gym. Check this link out for some ideas at what might work for you:How to Build a Basic, Low Cost Home Powerlifting and Weight Training Gym it is not an end all solution but a one that gives you the least amount to get.The rack will provide with a space to do most everything and you can adjust the poles to were you need it, it shows benchs that go from flat to inlcine to upright but i would look for one that goes to a decline aswell.

There are some guys on here that workout at home like Mike40+ he may be able to help you out with ideas of brands of stuff or type of stuff you might need.

thanks

mikeh40+ is offline Gramps x3
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAVESY079 View Post
    I take it you workout at home and are looking to build a better home gym. Check this link out for some ideas at what might work for you:How to Build a Basic, Low Cost Home Powerlifting and Weight Training Gym it is not an end all solution but a one that gives you the least amount to get.The rack will provide with a space to do most everything and you can adjust the poles to were you need it, it shows benchs that go from flat to inlcine to upright but i would look for one that goes to a decline aswell.

There are some guys on here that workout at home like Mike40+ he may be able to help you out with ideas of brands of stuff or type of stuff you might need.
    yea nice link bro,
    gonna depend on your budget mostly, you could save up for a universal machine which has a incline seat as well as the pulldown attachments,
    the brand i have is made by Hoist>> HOIST Fitness Systems - Manufacturer of premium strength equipment for commercial and home use
    also you can buy some dumbbell handles which allow you to add weight and create your own sizes, also powerblock dumbbells PowerBlock - World's Best Dumbbell

also get a flat bench combo, where you can move the bench into various angles, Hoist has a very nice portable bench which i also own,

squat racks are also desirable so you can have that spot function if you lift alone like i do,
    SQUAT RACKS

as for exercises you can do everything at home that you can at a gym, except the fancy machine stuff,
    "God doesn't give you obstacles you can't overcome"

2012 NEW TRAINING LOG
    http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/f...ining-log.html

thank you mike good of you

Famine is offline THE ORIGINAL ZOMBIE SLAYER
    I just want to stress the importance of a WIDE bench...you know, the acutally bench you lay on. Some look pretty good online, but when you get them home, you realize they are too short (your head hangs off the end), or too narrow (you feel like you're going to fall off the side), or the footings are too narrow and the bench is not stable enough. Compare measurements of different benches before you buy anything.

monkeybiker is offline IFBB Lightweight
    Have a look on ebay for a power rack. It is about the best piece of equipment you can get for training without a spotter. Then you just need some weights and a bench.
    That should be all you need anything else is extra.

TylerDurden389 is offline NPC Heavyweight
    This one looks like it does a lot:

Marcy Power 10 Bench Press with Squat and Lat Pulldown.

This one has a lot as well, but no seated row cable. However, it's a lot cheaper and smaller:

Phoenix Power Bench Sold at FitnessUltimate.com

Famine is offline THE ORIGINAL ZOMBIE SLAYER
    I was going to suggest Body Solid, but it appears their prices have skyrocketed since I bought my stuff.

thanks all