Image Map

Thread: planet fitness is cracking down!!!

vampiredude is offline NPC Middleweight

planet fitness is cracking down!!!

planet fitness is getting hard on guys with large gifted muscle bodies!!!
    if you walk around with anoth muscle the staff give you the evil eye and i've read stuff on the net from planet fitness around the usa that they dislike big muscle guys..grunting..etc...they boght world gym!!!!

i go to planet fitness because its only $15 amonth included free tanning..i have to wear extra baggy clothes so no one knows the shape im in...

i wonder if one day all gyms will be like this...it used to be if you were over weight i'd hide your body....now if your in shape you hide your body!!

2. Image Map
    AlteredBeast is offline NPC Heavyweight
    Hey, you pay 15 bucks a month, you gotta take the good with the bad. But seriously, Would I go to that, that...****, I don't even know what to call the place-hell no.

Tom_Wolf is offline Summoner of the Giant Spider
    Thats sucks. They want to make a "friendly" gym enviornment, they are out to make money. They don't want people that know what their doing to come into their gym to set the right example.

I was at a gym that I left after three months, there were two personal trainers that actually laughed when they asked me what I was doing because I was doing an isometric excercise. Also the same guys that preach "higher reps for more definition".

Think about it, they make up rules to get the big guys out, keep it so that the average uninformed person gets misinformation that sounds right, limit their gains and keep them their for as long as possible to get more money out of them.

nickflex85 is offline NPC Heavyweight
    i live in california and the girl said that its the first here.. not sure if shes right but maybe thats why they're not that harsh yet. i only pay $10 a month with $26 down. they have a lunk alarm but i dont think that its actually hooked up but it looks real. they dont want you to grunt or yell . i just put my head phones on and try not to slam wieghts and grunt too loud. but i make friends whith who ever works there so they're always nice to me. you see a lot of out of shape pple there and i think thats cool cuz they fell that they dont have to impress anyone. i like to see ppl exersice, i think everyone should do it some way or another... and not just sex, lol.

kenney is offline NPC Lightweight
    thats ****ed up!!!my gym is full of meat heads that are like 5' wide!but i love it cuz i put my trust in my gym and hope to be as big as them
    Our Youth Must Always Be Free, Discussing And Exhanging Ideas Concerned With What Is Happening Throughout The Entire World - Che Guevara

One Day, Someone Showed Me A Glass Of Water That Was Half Full And He Said, "Is It Half Full Or Half Empty?" So I Drank The Water. No More Problem. - Alexander Jodorowsky

I like gyms like that too. I used to go to a little "hole in the wall" gym, it's a whole different atmosphere.

Knuckles is offline NPC Heavyweight
    some of you guys are missing the point. I wouldn't join planet fitness EVER, but they're not trying to keep anyone out that is "in shape" or trying to limit the knowledge of their clients. Lets face it, most meatheads dont know a ****in thing about fitness anyway; and anyone that looks at a big guy and says he knows what to do has a lot to learn about this sport. And I think this is what they dont want in there, simpleton meatheads who get off on intimidating everyone at the gym. They want a piece of the market that hasnt been fully tapped, and I think they are smart in trying to achieve their goal. They wont compete against LA fitness or golds, so they need a niche. I think it's a great idea to offer a more comfortable environment to people who would never get results hiding at home. Anyone bashing them for what they do should have a lunk alarm in their house that goes off every minute on the minute just to remind them that they're an ignorant idiot.

the meetheads at my gym don't intimidate anyone...they treat me the same as anyone else and im 15 and 155lbs.they also know what to do...everything i have learned here at bbd has been said to me at the gym also.maybe the people at planet fitness should stop judging people by their size and physique
    Our Youth Must Always Be Free, Discussing And Exhanging Ideas Concerned With What Is Happening Throughout The Entire World - Che Guevara

One Day, Someone Showed Me A Glass Of Water That Was Half Full And He Said, "Is It Half Full Or Half Empty?" So I Drank The Water. No More Problem. - Alexander Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by kenney666
    the meetheads at my gym don't intimidate anyone...they treat me the same as anyone else and im 15 and 155lbs.they also know what to do...everything i have learned here at bbd has been said to me at the gym also.maybe the people at planet fitness should stop judging people by their size and physique
    I dont know how to get the point across. Nobody has any reason to be offended or care about it. DONT GO THERE, its that simple! And how the hell do you assume they judge anyone by their size and physique when it has to do with their actions??? If people want to act like idiots and slam weights to pretend they are hardcore, then lift in your basement where you can scream and throw things all you want. It's simple, they dont want people acting like *******s in the gym, I dont think it's unreasonable, and it has NOTHING to do with appearance(sorry to break it to some of u)

im posting according to the comments in the original post not according to my own assumptions

im posting according to the comments in the original post not according to my own assumptions
    When you make a statement, it becomes your assumption. And if it is not your assumption, then why state it? You responded to my comment directly so I responded to yours, which I feel is not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiredude
    planet fitness is getting hard on guys with large gifted muscle bodies!!!
    if you walk around with anoth muscle the staff give you the evil eye
    that is part of the original post...therefore i have been posting because of that staement not because i assumed that's how it is

that is part of the original post...therefore i have been posting because of that staement not because i assumed that's how it is
    Obviously you did, because you based your comments assuming that the statement was correct.

Addressing that original statement; Here's an idea for anyone trying to throw them off since you geniuses are clearly on to an underground cult of trainers that hate muscles. Wear a dress, it will hide your physique and offer a free range of motion. Problem solved!

i was commenting based on the statement, not a fact.i don't think us 'geniuses' are onto a cult of muscle hating gym mebers cuz that would defeat the object.however they may be a bunch of willywoofters that are jealous of working out at the same gym of guys who are bigger and better than them.

Everything that I said was based on the first post and personal experiance with gyms around where I live around. I've been to places where the floor trainers push products and misinform their clients to make more money, and because they don't get the results they want they dish out more money than they put into it.

Saying that most guys that get big and muscular without knowing how they got like that is really a blanketed assumption, they would have to have some basic knowledge about what is good to take in and what to use.

zod
    zod is offline Banned
    Actually their look is important. It is the negative energy they got. It can effect your power, and your strength easily. Cuz energy follows the thinking. If they think bad, then it will hurt you.

But I don't think those guys are so losers. I mean you open a gym, and make a tanning and sth, but you don' t like muscular bodies.

This is a sick mind. Those people are sick :)

Mygeeto is offline Banned
    Planet Fitness= gathering place for wimps.

PatFactorX is offline NPC Middleweight
    LA Fitness owns all!
    Follow my road to Mr. INBA USA!
    http://Xanga.com/PatFactorX

nickflex85 is offline NPC Heavyweight
    i dont care if they dont promote big guys i'd rather be a little more quiet and dont throw **** like an animal (you could train like one but you dont need to act like one!) and pay $10!!! a month then go to a gym thats over crowded and pay like 25-50 bucks.. i like other gyms but im in no hurry to leave P/F there is hardly anyone there, they have a lot of machines and good amount of free wieghts, there is no contracts, and the price is great! i dont pay any attention to anyone else there except my brother and my brother in law.. if the ppl look at you wrong for looking big then blow them a kiss and workout. ask them if they'd like to talk to your lawyer for discrimination, (trust me, that line works good!!!! even if you dont have one) so ya i hope what i said made a little sence... if i want to lift like a power lifter maybe i'll stay home. i have a home gym with enough wieghts to really make a little gym, lol. (my dads friends used to own a gym and gave it to him when i was little.

methoxetamine is offline NPC Lightweight

AM 694

Such an interesting story to read and I enjoyed reading it as well. Keep up the good work.